11.3.10

Completed Magazine Cover

Here is the completed magazine front cover, promoting my new fictional film, 'Face The Truth'. I decided to use Empire as the magazine to promote my new film through, as it is the most popular and trusted film magazine on the market. As I was conducting my secondary research into film magazine front covers, I discovered the necessary conventions of a cover, and the conventions the best covers use. These included themed covers, where colours reflect the main feature, a character or actor is shown as the main image, and regular conventions such as puffs and taglines are also included, but reflect the main feature. In my own cover, I have included a picture of the main female protagonist - as recognisable from the teaser trailer - as the main image for the background, with her body layered on top of the magazine's title, while keeping all the colours consistant throughout. I have also included all the conventions used on traditional covers of Empire magazine, such as the official Empire logo, the tagline, the issue information, and further information to attract and inform readers such as the section at the bottom of the page promoting other films.

1 comments:

Beauchamps Media said...

A convincing cover, using the key conventions and an effective base image Luke- excellent work.

Post a Comment